Walking Football is a variant of regular football but is aimed at keeping people over the age of 50 active and involved through sport.
In delivering Walking Football, AMS aim to meet many beneficial objectives that include; investing in the health and fitness of the participants by improving their quality of life and contributing to their longevity and engaging participants in social interaction to reduce isolation.The walking football has been a great addition to our lives, keeping us active and also helping people regain fitness, and in some cases helping people who are recovering from illness or surgery.
Our programme is also a wonderful fit with many of the Scottish Government’s key physical activity targets:
- We encourage and enable the inactive to be more active.
- We encourage and enable the active to stay active throughout life.
- We improve our active infrastructure – people and places
- We support wellbeing & resilience in communities through physical activity & sport
- We improve opportunities to participate, progress and achieve in sport
Get in Touch
For more information on AMS Walking Football or to get involved, please get in touch using the form below.